Monday, November 28, 2005

I did not go to Eindhoven only to experience the courtesy of Brabant, but I was visiting the High Tech Campus there. A joint project with Philips. Unluckily due to the car trouble I missed the guided tour over the campus, something I would like to catch up with next time.

I was on invitation of Daan Witteveen of Deloitte, who asked me to attend an interesting get-together focusing on innovation in the TMT sector. Naresh Lankhanpal gave a very good perspective on challenges that come along with innovation, one key element he highlighted was that the challenges are more around the business models, then on the technology.

Following Naresh' presentation, Harry Hendriks, CEO Philips NL shared the shift in R&D within Philips over the years, from an internal 'black box' to 'open innovation' with partners.

After the interesting keynotes some workgroups discussed innovation and its challenges further. In all an interesting and worthwhile day, with the key element missing for me, the guided tour over the campus.

No comments: