Wednesday, November 16, 2005

When I got the 12 inch Powerbook (now in Krijn's creative posession), the possibiltiy for connecting to UMTS seems to have gone. I did not sport an UMTS phone ( I prefer the Razor/Blackberry combi) and the KPN UMTS card did not slot into the 12incher. No software to support the modem was available I thought.

Then I got the latest 15incher from Apple, which does sport a PC card slot. My hopes to use the UMTS connectivity through my KPN card went up again, helas, no software support from KPN available.

Up comes one of Holland's digitale helden, Martien Remijn. On www.m10tech.com you can find a niffty script that makes your Powerbook work just great with UMTS. With seconds of installing the software and clicking in the card, the blue light appeared an online I was on UMTS. Snazzy indeed, I am interested to see what Martien will come up with next.

No comments: